Wednesday, October 31, 2018

White Clouds

This song has so much joy running through it.  Simon did a wonderful job of telling the video story as well as highlighting the words.  An interesting comment that someone wrote on his post: "I remember singing this with my grandmother."  That's why I am so excited to present this English version that fits the meter of the song.

        - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am running to the distant blue horizon,
All around are fields in shining golden light;
Clouds of white rush by and sweep then over top me,
But lonely they have left me out of sight.


And the wind, the field's aroma now is breathing,
It enlivens me to fight this weary strife;
And the meadow seems to me most sweet and precious,
Like my homeland far away past this long night.


How I'd like to fly together with the white clouds,
Far away from all earth's evil, sin and strife,
To the heav'nly country where light shines eternal,
Where our Lord will pasture us in endless life!








The music:

 -------------------------------------------------------------

My theory as to where he filmed this—

West of US 97 a little north of the Columbia River in Washington.
Near the Windy Flats Wind Farm.

Why do I assume this?
  • It is close to the Merryhill Stonehenge Memorial just east of US 97 at the Columbia River.  Simon has posted other videos from that location: The Grace of Our Lord (2 Cor. 13:14).
  • In the background of the video you can see a wind farm behind him.  The shape of the hill below the wind turbines is similar to Windy Flats.
  • Google satellite view shows well-watered farm land tucked just north of Wash SR 14.
 Scene at 1' 15"---



Scene looking northeast from Wash. SR 14 at US 97 ---

No comments:

Post a Comment