Saturday, March 28, 2020

The Forgotten Feast

Another poem by Margarita Kolomiytseva

The forgotten feast of God's table,
I again partake, as if for the first time.
Like a dry leaf in the palm of my hand I grieve,
And I repent in ashes for my deeds.

The soul is cleansed like an orange
From the rough skin of petty ambition.
I don't want to pray to other gods,
There is only one, heavenly Lord.

There, somewhere on the ruins of a dream,
A submissive humility begins to glow.
Let grow out of the dust an adoration
And understanding of God's beauty.

Often to me God's plan is not clear,
And though His design I see as gray,
Faith, spread your bright watercolors,
And I will go confidently into the fog.



----------- the original ---------------------


Забытый праздник Божьего стола,
Я снова, словно в первый раз вкушаю.
Как лист сухой в ладони сокрушаюсь,
И каюсь в пепле за свои дела.


Очищена душа, как апельсин
От грубой кожи мелочных амбиций.
Я не хочу другим богам молиться,
Есть лишь один, небесный Господин.


Там, где-то, на развалинах мечты,
Затеплилось покорное смиренье.
Пусть вырастет из праха восхищенье,
И пониманье Божьей красоты.


Мне часто не понятен Божий план,
И пусть Его дизайн я вижу серым,
Разлейся акварелью яркой вера,
И я пойду уверенно в туман.

No comments:

Post a Comment