Friday, January 17, 2020

I am Just a Poor Sinner




1.
I am just a poor sinner,
True, I am the worst.
If the God immortal
Had never loved me first,
Were not full of mercy
And saved me from sin's dread,
Then my soul forever
Would stay accursed and dead.

2.
I will look to Jesus
With faith there in my heart.
What the world then speaks for,
I'll gladly not take part.
If my Lord should speak aught
His word my heart shall praise,
I will sing of Him
with joy for all my days.

3.
In sweet meditations
I know my Shepherd dear.
He puts flight to sin
And drives away my fear.
Joyfully I long
With Christ then to abide,
Working for my Master
With Him nearby my side.

4.
Oh, my Lord such wonder
the King gives to His own!
Bridegroom of my soul,
The Word of Truth alone!
May I always be
a poor soul that You drew,
So that all my needs
and breath be met in You.





No comments:

Post a Comment