Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Seasons of Our Time



There is a time for every lot,
  a season for each purpose beneath heaven wrought.
Each season tempered with His grace,
  encased in Love's steadfast embrace,
Though dark my sight and blind my ways,
  My God in Love traced out my days.
Foresaw, foreloved, foreknew and drew,
  and guided my ways before I knew;
Foreordained and marked with loving care,
  each step I took, each breath of air:
From puerile child, to callow youth,
  to measured man, He led in truth.



Midst trial, down aisle, o'er mile and pile,
  midst smile then guile, and all the while,
      the traces of His love upon my dial.
Through confusion, exclusion, and occlusion,
  with effusion as prolusion*—
      Divine intrusion as conclusion.



The inexorable hand of common grace
   defined my steps, kept safe my space
      and led me safe to Him.        
  And will bring me safe to Heav'n.

- D. Benning




* a preliminary action or event; a prelude.

No comments:

Post a Comment