Friday, February 16, 2024

Across the Water

 

Photo by Steve Dale, Nov 2023


            Across the water,
               I see the bright lights beckoning,
               Dazzling, colorful, happy, and alluring.

            Yet I'm only here,
               Not there.
            Here is dark and cold and lonely;
               But there is a comfort in its familiarity,
               A kind of solace begot by consistency,
               Fraught with insistence
                       Pressing in all the time.

            Yet, I see the lights across the water.
               How can I get there?
               It's too cold and far to swim.
               No boat have I, no friend, no aide.

            Yet across the water,
               bright lights beckon with bold beacon.
               Who will bring me to that welcoming, warm abode?
               Is there a path, a trail, a road
                   so my angst might weaken?
               A course to bring me there
                      —Across the water?

            Yet still I sit in silence,
               staring across the water.
                       Wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment