Tuesday, September 1, 2020

O How Life's Sea Now Rages



The author of the Russian poem was Ivan Grigor'evich Kul'zhinskiy who lived 1803-1884.  The melody may have been composed by Yakov Ivanovich Vyazovskiy, 1898-1940.



1.  O how life's sea now rages round about me;
Strong winds now rock my boat with waves so tall.
In mortal fear and with a desperate plea,
O God, my God, unto You now I call.


2.  Take pity on me, save and show me mercy!
From my first day of life I've struggled hard.
I cannot fight, my soul is tired and weary
O God, I pray that my soul You would guard.


3.  Guide me along the trackless depths of rough seas
To Your own quiet Wharf of Your Commands.
From the abyss of worldly fears and ill ease,
O God, I pray You'll bring me to Your Land.







No comments:

Post a Comment