Saturday, May 21, 2016

In Hope Believe

By faith the saints of old beheld You; through sorrow and joy You gently led.
By faith they reckoned You as faithful, and they held to ev’ry Word You said.
O, let us then with eyes that see far, with them look to that promise free.

     Chorus
      “Against all hope, in hope believe”—You spoke and so it then shall be.
      “In hope believe” and thus receive this life with You eternally!


2.
O Lord, my Rock, my God and Savior, my Joy, my life, my all and crown,
around me are the noise and clamors of the world that seeks to pull me down.
My eyes here long to see Your favor, and in this world a glimpse I see.

     Chorus

3.
Your eyes are on Your people always, on those who will obey and fear You,
on those whose hope is in salvation and Your great unfailing Love so true.
You will deliver them from judgment and bring their blinded eyes to see.

     Chorus

4.
O Lord, we wait in hope for Your help; You are our Rock, our Shield and fortress.
In You our hearts rejoice with singing even though by trial we are oppressed.
Say to our souls “I’m your salvation; My face in heaven you shall see.”

     Chorus
 D. Benning  © 2006


This has been set to music, the tune Myfanwy, which was composed by Dr. Joseph Perry (1843 - 1901)

No comments:

Post a Comment