Thursday, March 6, 2008

A New Psalm

Psalm 151

My Lord and my God, in the midst of mine adversities Thou art with me. When the host of those who despise Thy Name assail me with the babblings of their mouth, Thou art my Comfort and my Stay. When my soul is disquieted within me, I cry out to Thee, and Thou, O God of my salvation, calmeth my troubled spirit with Thy grace and loving kindness.
Let me always sing the praises of Thy matchless Name. Thou, who wast from time immortal, changeth not nor doest Thou fail. The glories of Thy Righteousness are shown forth in the firmament. Thou, who can but speak a word to destroy us, hath been long-suffering in Thine unbounded grace.

O Lord and King, we come before Thee, humbly bowed on bended knee. Thy worthiness is made known in Thy Love for us, the unworthy. Day by day we plead for mercy. Day by day we receive it from Thy bountiful hand.
O Lord, my God and my Savior, let me always uphold Thy precepts and with my mouth proclaim Thy goodness. For the Lord is Lord; He alone is God, neither is there any on earth or in heaven besides Him. Worthy is He of all laud and honor both now and forevermore. Amen!


- D. Benning

No comments:

Post a Comment